Monday, July 23, 2012

I'm Gotham's Reckoning

A little late on my post. I was going to write up this whole long retelling of the event that happened in Colorado. But I don't feel like this is the place. I'm not saying you can't share your opinions here. I'm just not going voice mine. Even though I think what happened was horrible and shocking. And I'm sure I speak for everyone on here when I say our hearts and thoughts go out to the victims and their families. In the next couple of weeks I will be organizing something the contributors on here, when there is a relief fund in place for the victims and those affected . I will say, This event should bring us together as a people of a country, and not because this happened during a Batman Movie. Yes, the shooting did take place during a screening of The Dark Knight Rises. But this should have less to do with "geek culture" and more about an attack in the United States. So we should think less about how this effects the future of media, people's outlook towards comics, Batman, and anything else that doesn't really matter over the loss of human life. We should think about more than anything, is the victims of this horrific tragedy. 

-James Whynot

No comments:

Post a Comment